Getting documentation server to work on SuSE 8.2
  • From: Andre Truter <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 12 May 2003 17:17:30 +0200
I have set up a box with SuSE 8.2 and enabled the Documentation server
features.

When I try to access the sdb or packages documentation, I get an error
that indicates that i don't have permission. E.g.:

You don't have permission to access /susehelp/index.html on this server.

I have got two SuSE 8.1 machines where the documentation server works
just fine, and I compared the configuration of one of the 8.1 boxes with
that of the 8.2 box, and it is the same.

My settings:

/etc/sysconfig/susehelp:
DOC_HOST="localhost"
DOC_ALLOW="LOCAL <our domain>"
DOC_AUTOINDEX="yes"

/etc/sysconfig/apache
DOC_SERVER="yes"
ENABLE_SUSECONFIG_APACHE="yes"

What am I missing here?

Thanks
--
Andre Truter
Software Engineer

< The box said: Requires Windows 95 or better... >
< So I installed Linux >

Disclaimer and Confidentiality Warning

This message is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are notified that any distribution, use of or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received the communication in error, please notify the sender immediately. The views and opinions expressed in this message are those of the individual sender of this message and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of ATIO. Consequently, ATIO does not accept responsibility for such views and opinions and this message should not be read as representing the views and opinions of ATIO without subsequent written confirmation. Each page attached hereto must also be read in conjunction with this disclaimer.

  • No further messages