Re: [SLE] nvidia real slow
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 15:53:01 +0200
On Sunday 11 May 2003 17:48, Curtis Rey wrote:
> So, I have yet to nail this down. But much of the way that nvidia
> drivers/lib were loaded/configured in SuSE has change and many ot the
> things are not in the same place.

The thing that really seems designed to piss me off is that the XFree86
software drivers for nvidia cards are now the same name as the accelerated
nvidia.com drivers. So if you ever upgrade your X server for whatever reason,
then - since the new installer isn't in rpm form - it will simply overwrite
them.

I just spent a freaking *hour* tracking that one down. sheesh