Re: [SLE] 8.2 and Linksys WPC11v3 Wireless Card
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 18:54:14 +0200
On Thursday 08 May 2003 18:44, Martin wrote:
> If you think this answer is any better you're awfully
> WRONG my friend! Why don't you at least point out some
> useful url addressing wireless install stuff as we all
> know it's pain in a neck anyway. It took me few days
> to make built in wireless card work on my laptop and I
> had SuSE expert watching my back and I can't say what
> tricks he had to pull to make that happen anyway.

pull tricks to watch your back?

What's with the bullying? Michael offered that the name of the network device
was wlan0, which would be a stumbling block for most newbies (yes, one year
is a newbie). That alone was worth the post, IMNSHO

In Brian's case, it looks like the modules are misbuilt, so I don't think any
URL would help him. I think he needs to recompile something, but since I
don't have any laptops or wireless cards around, I can't really say for
certain. Does that mean I shouldn't post this?

This is an open list. "Works for me" posts are perhaps less than useful, but
they shouldn't cause flames.