Re: [SLE] Massive problems compiling a kernel
  • From: Anders Karlsson <anders@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 07 May 2003 16:33:32 +0100
On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 16:03, Bruce Marshall wrote:
[re: not able to compile vanilla 2.4.20 on SLPro 8.2]

> This was all discussed on the list in the last couple of days. The SuSE
> kernel has been patched to fix some 'string' problems that have not been
> addressed in the kernel. The kernel developers have yet to move to GCC
> 3.3 and 2.4.20 will not compile without fixing the 'problems'.

It looks as if this problem then has been addressed in kernel
2.4.21-rc1, possible earlier incarnations of 2.4.21 as well, but I have
not tried them. 2.5.6[89] compiles as well using GCC 3.3, although I
have not had any luck running either of them.

2.4.21-rc1 works a treat though and it was required for me to get my
machine working.

Regards,

--
Anders Karlsson <anders@xxxxxxxxxxxx>