Re: [SLE] KDE - What's where?
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 05:40:17 +0200
On Wednesday 07 May 2003 06:30, Todd Bissell wrote:
> Where are the various KDE-related settings kept?

Most of them - if not all - are in $HOME/.kde/share/config

> I want to import my Kmail
> settings and e-mail rules to my new account,

$HOME/.kde/share/config/kmailrc

make sure everything kmail related is closed down when you copy it

Also, only do this if your kde in 8.0 was upgraded to the latest version. If
you were running 2.x or 3.0.x I'm not sure it will work. In that case you may
be better off creating a default config by launching kmail, closing it and
editing the config, copying what you want in a text editor

> as well as my Konqueror
> settings,

Those are more spread out. $HOME/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc has some, but
not all the settings. look at the other files in the config directory
starting with konq*

< Previous Next >