Re: [SLE] foobillard (again)
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 06 May 2003 08:19:55 +0200
On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 06:33, growbynet@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Trying to update foobillard from version 2.4 (goes with suse 8.2) to 2.6, but
> got error that says "libglcore.so1 is missing". Any fix, please? AFAIK
> libglcore.so1 must be installed with NVidia 3d drivers, I have those drivers
> installed, but no libglcore.so1

What gave you that error? When you tried to install the rpm? Just
install it "--nodeps".

rpm doesn't look at the file system when it looks for files, it only
looks in its database for rpms that "provide" the files. Since the
nvidia installer thing isn't an rpm, there is no rpm that "provides"
those libGL* files. What's needed is a "meta rpm" that doesn't actually
contain anything, except for those database entries

For the nonce, --nodeps will see it through.

If you really don't have the file libGLcore.so.1 on your file system,
reinstall the driver, because it should be there.