Can't play CD in 8.1 since upgrade to CDRW/DVD
  • From: John LeMay <jlemay@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 22:46:08 -0400
Well, subject says it really. Now that I've replaced my DVD only drive with a CDRW/DVD drive (hdc, and /dev/cdrom is linked to hdc) I can't play music CD's.

Although, I'm not sure I ever tried even with the old drive now that I think about it. kscd seems to think the drive is "ejected".

Any ideas? I'm certain I don't need to mount a music cd, right?

thanks!

--
John LeMay
KC2KTH