SuSE 8.2 --> Vanilla 2.4.20 kernel compilation fails??!!
Hello SuSE folks.
Just today I updated my existing SuSE 8.1 to 8.2 version.
Everything went very smoothly.
However, when I tried to recompile plain vanilla 2.4.20 kernel from
kernel.org, the compilation proceeded with a bunch of warnings like:

warning: comparison between signed and unsigned

and after a while it abruptly exited with errors.
Interesting thing is that prior to this I recompiled and installed MySQL
4.0.12 DB from its sources from mysql.com without any problems.
Could somebody please help me or give a hint how to solve this problem.
I've noticed, that SuSE8.2 has a newer version of gcc 3.3.
Could it be the case why kernel compilation fails?
Thank you very much in advance.
Alex