Re: [SLE] 8.2 -- The first 12 Hours.....
  • From: Avi Schwartz <avi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 22:46:47 -0500

On Sunday, May 4, 2003, at 03:19 PM, Todd Bissell wrote:

3) While I'm happy that I have been finally successful in loading my Nvidia
drivers for the 3D games, I'm currently trying to figure why I am only now
suddenly having KVM-related issues. Whenever my girlfriend switches over to
her Windoze XP machine, and I later switch back to my Linux box (with my
manual KVM switch box), the mouse goes berserk. Only fix has been killing the
X-server and doing a startx command. Ideas?

I have the same issue with version 8.1, Nvidia driver and KVM. Instead of killing X, I just switch to the console and then back to X (i.e. C-A-F1 followed by C-A-F7). This cures the erratic mouse until the next time I switch the KVM.

Avi
--
Avi Schwartz
avi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Few people think more than two or three times a year; I have made an
international reputation for myself by thinking once or twice a week."-
George Bernard Shaw