Re: [SLE] RPM question
  • From: Tom Emerson <osnut@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 11:44:08 -0700

On Sunday 04 May 2003 11:40 am, Martin wrote:
> Is there a way to extract just specific files from rpm package?

I know it is possible because "I've done it once..." but not recently. As I
recall, I used "mc" or "midnight commander" which is a text-mode filemanager.
It seems to me that as you navigated "into" tar files and the like, it would
expand them and let you do things like read the contents or copy elsewhere.
It also dove into .rpm's the same way.

As to current "gui" tools that do the same thing, I'm at a loss [but would
like to know about one because every now and then I might want to do this,
and I don't think "mc" installs "by default" anymore, so I probably don't
have mc on whatever (new) machine I'm working on...]

- --
Yet another Blog: http://osnut.homelinux.net