Serial ATA drives, controllers
  • From: "Adam Kimball" <AKimball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 14:46:58 -0700
Hi all,

I am using an Asus A7N8X deluxe mobo with a serial Barracuda drive
attached to the onboard Silicon Image controller. Well, it works. But
in PIO mode. My new 1GB, Barton 3000 now runs like a PIII 600Mghz.
Great. If anyone has figured out how to get this drive cruising, please
let me know. Otherwise...

Maybe I'll buy another controller. Does anyone have experience with the
Promise, Hight Point, etc - controllers? Two drives isn't going to cut
it for me, so buying another controller isn't a huge deal. If anyone
can recommend a controller that I can drop into 8.2 and get ata100
speeds, please let me know - because this sucks.

Thanks,
Adam