Re: [SLE] Thinkpad X31
On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 22:55, Stan Glasoe wrote:
> On Thu May 1 2003 4:15 pm, Anders Karlsson wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Have you tried the acpi=off and apm=off during boot? You may also want to try
> turning off apm and/or acpi in the BIOS. The Centrino is probably too new for
> correct apm/acpi functionality in Linux at this time.

When I installed, I chose to do the install with the acpi=off option and
that is the boot options after install completed as well. I have not
tried with apm=off as well though, so that is something I shall try
tonight when I am back home.

You are correct that the Centrino is too new for linux to have caught up
with it yet. I hope to be able to test patches out for the kernel and
have offered to do so on the LKML. I will keep the list posted in case
anyone else gets an X31 and would want to run linux on it. :)

What does people think of the 2.5 kernels then? Anyone reckon trying the
latest 2.5 would perhaps fix some of the problems?

Regards,

--
Anders Karlsson <anders@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Trudheim Technology Limited