For those with no patience left
  • From: Serguei Chabanov <chabanovs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 01:36:09 -0100
http://coredistro.sourceforge.net/
"Core was born of frustration with the current crop of Linux distributions
which attempt to meet the needs of every possible Linux user. In doing so,
they are loaded with extraneous garbage which not only annoys, but also
limits the power user. Core is a revolt against this style of distribution in
favor of a simple, infinitely configurable, minimalist form."

I see their point. I think I'm gonna give it a try on a separate partition,
see if I know enough linux. Perhaps 7CD worth of software is really too much
complexity to manage.

After all, by switching from 8.0 to 8.1 I got way more problems then I had,
and many other people did too. Someone actually recompiled Mozilla to
distribute! Isn't that SuSE's work?

I can hear some saying that I should have waited to see how it fares. But its
not like it is version 9.0! It is supposed to be an improvement on version
8.0!!! Why do we get a new kernel people can't even boot?!! Arrggghhh, I'm
loosing my patience too. Cool keramics style though.

Regards,

Serguei