BUG REPORT--Yast2, suse 8.0
  • From: Karl Agee <kdagee2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:10:43 -0800 (PST)
Sorry if a partial message got through my fingers are
too fat I guess.....

Anyway you may have read about my hosed-up suse 8.0
install and how I got it back...well, after I updated
lilo (in yast2) and closed yast2 it happened..AGAIN!
The EXACT same thing!!!!!

Here's what happened:

I had to add a device file for my windows partition as
it got lost in the crash of '02. I added the device
file /dev/hde1 I mounted and unmounted the drive
/dev/hde1 just_fine, and via yast2, added it to lilo.
Updated lilo, fine. All went well.

It then seemed to start updating the configuration
files and I think that is when it went NUTS--again!
First my desktop icons vanished...when the hard disk
stopped thrashing I tried opening my home dir and not
there! other base directories where gone, too....it
wouldnt shut down properly as I had to use the reset
button.

But lilo is back and I can get into windows just
fine....

So now I have to do the restore dance again...thank
goodness I have the mondoarchive. and thanks for the
help from Doug Glenn! (and I am NOT going to use
yast2 until it gets fixed!!!)

is there a better place to report this bug?????

--karl

Yahoo! - We Remember
http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute

< Previous Next >