Re: [SLE] SLES8

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Hasenstein" <mha@xxxxxxxx>
To: "Dmitry Melekhov" <dm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2002 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: [SLE] SLES8

> Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I found that I don't satisfied with your answer.
> > I'm writing too fast ;-)))
> >
> > See my previous mail.
>

> deleted... what exactly is still open? The conditions are clear: xyz
> Euro/Dollar per year per machine, if you have a high number of machines
> you can negotiate a discount of course. Should you install anything we
> give you (the SLES box istelf or any patches) on more than one machine
> there's nothing we can or would want to do about it - we cannot override
> the individual packages license. But we can cut you off from future
> patches/product purchases. Like every software company does.

Could you point me to document I signed when registered my SLES7?
Where can I read that you can cut me from updates and even product purchases
if I break this (I don't know which) agreement?
Previously you wrote that I can't install binary updates to several servers,
no
you write that I can but you can revoke login and even can to not sell me
anyng in future. So funny ! ;-)

Yesterday I found this on suse.com. I don't know when this appeared ....
Oops! This disapperared again :-)
Yesterday there was info about maintanance
http://www.suse.com/us/business/services/index.html
with licensing description.
Where is it now? :-)

btw, now I'm trying to find RH position about there subscription service for
RH AS.
When I'll know more I inform you.
Anyway, they at least provide updates sources for free :-)

> > And even in SLES7 box (!) there is no license, no terms of maintenance
> > web using!
>

> I gave you the answer!!!

When? :-)

< Previous Next >