Re: [SLE] YOU/Manual - what do the various text colors mean (red, blue, black), why are some boxes checked and some not, and what does YOU expect me to do next?
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 20:39:51 +0200
* Carlos E. R.; <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx> on 22 Nov, 2002 wrote:
I wish they would make up their minds! I can't decide which is the
correct name :-(

Well to be honest I did the other way ( ie changed the below version so
it says susehelpindex

# /usr/sbin/indexsusehelp -> /usr/bin/susehelpindex
if [ "$DOC_AUTOINDEX" = yes ] ; then
/sbin/checkproc -p /var/lock/susehelpindex /usr/bin/susehelpindex >& /dev/null || \
echo " Creating susehelp index."; \
/bin/bash -c "/usr/bin/susehelpindex >& $MYLOG & /sbin/pidofproc \
/usr/bin/susehelpindex >/var/lock/susehelpindex" &

Note that the lock file was also mispelled in the original. This is bad
quality control, IMHO. Worse, this bug is not mentioned in the SDB so far.

I have filed a bug allready. The funny part is SuSEcobfig is run
everytime YOU is run and at least one should have seen it ( well if it
was not all GUI I mostly have the root-tail running :-)

I'll have a look; they are very confussing, no help button... worsened
because the "size" box below remains at "0" all the time. It's very

resize the whole thing make it as wide as your sceeen adjust the panel
heights and than you have a workable packagemanager screen :-)

--

Togan Muftuoglu
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer