Re: [SLE] Has anyone installed Geramik theme in SuSE 8.1
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:39:32 -0800
* Art Fore (art_fore@xxxxxxxx) [021122 03:53]:
->I installed Geramik in SuSE 8.1, moved the gtkrc files as instructed in the
->installation instructions, but when I go to KDE Control Center, Look & Feel,
->Styles as instructed, there is no "Import Theme" button. Tried also the Add
->Theme button in Theme Manager, no luck. Can anyone tell me where I went
->wrong?

If you do this in the src directory of the tarball you get on
kde-look.org then it will install in the proper directory and gnomecc
will pick it up without you having to import it or do anything special.

1. Untar the tar.gz file.
2. In the src directory execute './configure --prefix=/usr'

The above will make sure it puts the files in the correct place. The
default directories that the configure script tries to install things
into are /usr/local/share and /usr/local/lib. By specifing /usr as the
prefix it puts them in the right place which is /usr/lib and /usr/share.
They work fine when they are in the correct directory. I've updated
everytime a new release has been posted and it works fine. :)

--
Ben Rosenberg ---===---===---===--- mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx
Tell me what you believe..