Re: [SLE] X-terminal remote error
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjohNOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:46:27 +0100
On Friday 22 November 2002 14.36, jaakko tamminen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have tried both with my user-login (jaska) and as root, but the problem
> stays the same.
>
> I still get the error from ssh -X root@fw:
>
> fw:~ # konqueror
> X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
> konqueror: Fatal IO error: client killed

and what happens if you, on your local machine, instead of running "ssh -X
root@fw" run some local graphical program, such as xcalc from that command
line?

If that works, you could try, on the remote machine, rm /root/.Xauthority.
Then exit from ssh, and try ssh:ing again. If there's a problem with the
remote .Xauthority file that will recreate it, hopefully correct

Anders