Re: [SLE] Strange Desktop behavior
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:11:10 GMT
In a previous message, Ed Harrison wrote:

> I use ximian-evolution for email.
>
> After a period of time, I notice the desktop is now gnome desktop with
> only Start Here, My Home, and Trash icons.

Sounds like you've started nautilus by accident at some point. By default,
nautilus will draw the desktop itself. To stop this, run nautilus
explicitly, then choose Edit->Preferences, then the Desktop & trash option.
Deselect "Use Nautilus to draw the desktop".

HTH,

John
--
John Pettigrew Headstrong Games