Re: [SLE] Strange Mouse problem
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:14:34 GMT
In a previous message, Art Fore wrote:

> the mouse cursor is in the lower left corner of the screen. When moving
> it, it just moves a short distance, then back.
[snip]
> Only what to get out is to Ctrl+Alt+del and reboot. Anyone have any ideas
> what will cause this?

It seems to be an X-server problem, possible related to NVidia video cards
(I think all those who've mentioned the problem on this list have had NVidia
cards). Disabling 3D seems to reduce the incidence of the problem.
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a proper solution. However, you can
avoid rebooting by doing Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to restart the X server. This
will usually reset the mouse to normal - if not, try doing it a couple of
times.

HTH

John
--