Re: [SLE] SLES8
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 11:46:14 +0100
Hi,

On Friday, November 22, 2002 at 07:34:21, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
> > On Thursday, November 21, 2002 at 21:41:06, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
> >
> > > What is license for SLES8? Per server (as for SCO UL-based server) or
> > > something else?
> >
> > The only thing that is "licensed" is the maintenance. Its limited to one
> > machine. Everything else is licensed individualy (based on the package).
> > GPL / LPGL / BSD / YaST / blah blubb. The distribution work is under the
> > same YaST / SuSE License as every product.
>
> Do you understand what you writing? ;-)

Sure i do :)

> Maintenance mean new version of packadges, each has it's own license....

Nope not only. Maintanance means also product information, knowledge
base, installation support, installation kits and it is the base for
further support.

> Why I can't install them to several servers?

No one can avoid that. But you get a contract that is for this one
machine (or more if you want). If you break the contract, maintenance is
lost. Thats how maintenance works everywhere.

Ask enterprise-presales@xxxxxxxx for more details, a license, a example
contract whatever.

Henne

--
Hendrik Vogelsang aka Henne
mailto: hvogel<at>hennevogel.de

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

# random sigs made with fortune