Re: [SLE] SLES8
  • From: Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:19:07 +0100
On Fri, Nov 22, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:

> [...]

And to get the updates and fixes you need a maintenance contract.

> But for updates- not. I can simply download them from
> maintenance site. This is only software, some GPL covered,
> some with anothe license. Anyway, if I can install SLES8 on
> all my servers ;-) why I can't install updates from maintanance web
> if I have login?

You can install them, but if an update breaks your system, you are
alone and nobody will help you fixing it, even if you find a real bug.

--
Thorsten Kukuk http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/ kukuk@xxxxxxx
SuSE Linux AG Deutschherrnstr. 15-19 D-90429 Nuernberg