Re: [SLE] SUSE, SCO JUMP ON UNITEDLINUX BANDWAGON
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:48:41 -0900
On Thursday 21 November 2002 02:06 pm, Donald Grayson wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 04:17, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> > SUSE, SCO JUMP ON UNITEDLINUX BANDWAGON
> > (Source: InfoWorld.com) SuSE, SCO Group, and Ximian came out
> > of the blocks fast in support of UnitedLinux 1.0, announcing new
> > versions of their respective products that take full advantage of
> > the new operating system.
> >
> > http://www.linuxworld.com/go.cgi?id=741352
> >
> > --
> > Fred A. Miller
> > Systems Administrator
> > Cornell Univ. Press Services
> > fm@xxxxxxxxxxx, www.cupserv.org
> >

> > --
>
> As founding members of UnitedLinux, I would hope that SuSE and SCO were
> jumping on the bandwagon. Oh, to save you the time, Conectiva and
> TurboLinux will be on the same bandwagon too.
>
> Don

So what is the intent?
Do they intend to merge products and become one company?
Is is just another standard that they can design toward ? If so,
does this mean big changes for SuSE in the future?

I really don't understand, wif several of those distros are in
danger of bankruptcy, like Turbo, why would they start
another distro to compeat with themselves?

John Andersen / Juneau Alaska