Re: [SLE] YOU/Manual - what do the various text colors mean (red, blue, black), why are some boxes checked and some not, and what does YOU expect me to do next?
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:36:57 +0200
* Johnny Ernst Nielsen; <johnny.ernst.nielsen@xxxxxxxxxx> on 22 Nov, 2002 wrote:
Good day Jeric,

yes, it is lacking very much, I can't even point the updater to a
cd, so I have to waste time re-downloading all the updates for each
box instead of d/l'ing once and burning to cd like i used to (a
step BACK from yast1 !!).

This is possible.

On the system where you downloaded with YOU, copy the /var/lib/YaST2/you/i386 directory and the cookies file to your CD.

Actually the whole process is explained
http://susefaq.sf.net/articles/you.html

Then on the computers where you want to use the updates from the CD, mount the CD, start YaST2's Patch CD Update, select 'directory' as

No need to mount the CD as YOU does this by itself and it would
automaticall select the cd with the correct directory on it no need to
do manual adjustments. Just make surte you are following the procedure
for creating the CD as outlined in the article work for all SuSE
versions which use YOU

--

Togan Muftuoglu
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer