Re: [SLE] YOU/Manual - what do the various text colors mean (red, blue, black), why are some boxes checked and some not, and what does YOU expect me to do next?
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:00:21 +0200
* DJ; <linux_programmer@xxxxxxxxxxx> on 21 Nov, 2002 wrote:
Also, during this process, I wanted to do a multiple word search in
SuSE Help and I can't even figure out how to do that. Shouldn't be
difficult right. Argh! The doc in the hard copy Admin manual does not
match what the SuSE Help application looks like, so that's no good. In
the hard copy book it looks like there should be a separate text field
to enter the additional search words, but when I look at the
application I don't see any. I typed multiple search words in the one
main text entry field and absolutely nothing happens.

because SuSEconfig.susehelp is broken so no index is produced ( as far
as I can tell) to fix SuSEconfig.susehelp around line 40 replace
indexsusehelp with susehelpindex

# /usr/sbin/indexsusehelp -> /usr/bin/susehelpindex
if [ "$DOC_AUTOINDEX" = yes ] ; then
/sbin/checkproc -p /var/lock/susehelpindex /usr/bin/susehelpindex >& /dev/null || \
echo " Creating susehelp index."; \
/bin/bash -c "/usr/bin/susehelpindex >& $MYLOG & /sbin/pidofproc \
/usr/bin/susehelpindex >/var/lock/susehelpindex" &

Is it documented anywhere what these colors mean?

Not all of the features but some at

http://www.suse.de/~sh
--

Togan Muftuoglu