Re: [SLE] YOU/Manual - what do the various text colors mean (red, blue, black), why are some boxes checked and some not, and what does YOU expect me to do next?
  • From: Jeric <jeric@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 21 Nov 2002 23:24:12 -0600
On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 22:38, DJ wrote:

> Regarding YOU, after the patches are downloaded and the screen is
> repainted, what do the various text colors mean (red, blue, black),
> why are some boxes checked and some not, and what does YOU expect me
> to do next? I'm staring at this screen which is very colorful with
> absolutely no available help. This is an awful end user application
> (imho).
>
> Is it documented anywhere what these colors mean?

I don't know about documentation, but blue is for patches already
installed, black for patches which are about to be installed, empty if
there is a patch available for a program not installed on your system
but is on the suse cd's, read text is for security issues, blue text for
non-security issues, black text is (ok, I haven't figured that one out
yet :o

> Is this why people use fou4s because YOU is, hhhmmmm, lacking?

yes, it is lacking very much, I can't even point the updater to a cd, so
I have to waste time re-downloading all the updates for each box instead
of d/l'ing once and burning to cd like i used to (a step BACK from yast1
!!). Can't put it in a cron job either, heck even windoze has an auto
update feature now...(those are 2 hints for SuSE and 8.2 ;^)

-jeric

--
JericAtSbcglobalDotNetwork
11:18pm up 1 day, 15:07, 6 users, load average: 0.03, 0.16, 0.15