Re: [SLE] SLES8

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thorsten Kukuk" <kukuk@xxxxxxx>
To: <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: [SLE] SLES8

> On Thu, Nov 21, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > What is license for SLES8?
> > Per server (as for SCO UL-based server) or something else?
>
> Depends if you speak about the medium (you can install as many
> servers as you like with one medium) or the updates/maintenace/
> support part. The last one is per server (I don't know if there
> are special contracts for larger sites, but I think so).

Sorry, I don't understand completely.
Updates(maintenance) is not the same thing as support.
For support one need support contract :-)
But for updates- not. I can simply download them from
maintenance site. This is only software, some GPL covered,
some with anothe license. Anyway, if I can install SLES8 on
all my servers ;-) why I can't install updates from maintanance web
if I have login?

< Previous Next >