Re: [SLE] partition magic can it and advice?
  • From: Rick Reumann <maillist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:40:39 -0500
On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 20:24:42 -0600
"Howard Coles Jr." <hcoles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No, when you shrink the XP partition it will leave empty space. Leave
> it empty from PM's view point and then install Linux. SuSE will come
> up with what it thinks is a good idea for partitioning, but I have
> usually had to go in and change it.
> The only two partitions you HAVE to create to install SuSE are the
> swap and / (or root) partitons. Then various Linux people have
> varying ideas as to how it should be split up from there.

Ok thanks. Are you saying though that just doing the SuSE install of
letting it choose a root and swap is fine? What I'm confused about is if
I follow some recommendations to set up the other linux partitions /home
/boot etc., do I have to do that with PM or am I prompted from within
the SuSE install to do this?

> Oh, and just a tip, when you reply, just reply to the list, otherwise
> I get two replies, ;-)

Sorry about that.

< Previous Next >