Re: [SLE] partition magic can it and advice?
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjohNOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 03:17:46 +0100
On Friday 22 November 2002 03.10, Rick Reumann wrote:
> If there is a baby step RTFM guide or something
> to what I'm going to need to do with partition magic and my suse 8.1 in
> so that I can keep XP on one partition and Linux on the other

all you need to do with Partition Magic is to shrink your XP partition (if it
needs shrinking, that is) and set up the fat32 partition that you intend to
use for shared data. Leave the rest unpartitioned, and the SuSE installer
will partition it automagically.

If you intend to set up separate partitions for /home or other directories,
you can do that from the SuSE installer as well. Experience has taught me
*not* to use partition magic at all for linux partitions.

Anders