Re: [SLE] Dupicated howto trees
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 02:03:19 +0100 (CET)

The 02.11.06 at 20:30, Carlos E. R wrote:

> Steven Augart wrote:
>
> > The problem is also present in 8.0. I found this when I was trying to
> > trim the fat on the hard drive on my laptop. Ugly. I assume it was a
> > mistake on the part of the packager.
>
> :-(
>

> > They're not quite identical. /usr/share/doc/howto/en/html/mini/HOWTO/mini
> > has newer versions of a few files than /usr/share/doc/howto/en/html/mini
> > does.
>
> That's even worse: they can not be deleted so easily, and you have got
> to check both versions before reading.
>

> > I hope they fixed it in 8.1.
>
> I'll soon check that: I just bought it. Right now, I'm wating for my
> backup to finish so to start the upgrade ASAP :-)

It is not fixed, they are duplicated. There is a
"/usr/share/doc/howto/en/html/mini/HOWTO/mini/*" with 830 items, and a
"/usr/share/doc/howto/en/html/mini/*" with 824 items. They don't seem to
be equal, they seem to hold different files; but it makes things quite
difficult when searching for a howto on any subject.

I don't understand it :-?

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson