Re: [SLE] User/Root Questions - SuSE 8.1
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:38:22 +0100 (CET)

The 02.11.21 at 08:48, Hilary Hertzoff wrote:

> Problem 1: I'd like to be able to access the same mail/mailboxes under both
> root and my user. Is there a way to do this? I'd also like any additional
> software installed under root to be accessable to the user if possible.

No, because of permissions, as far as I know. But you can easily
automatically send every thing mailed to root to a user; in fact, yast
directly asks for this user.

> Problem 2: I've downloaded a couple of programs from the internet. Despite
> changing their attributes to execute, the root bash shell does not recognize
> them as programs. Any ideas?

They will not be programs (if they were, they would most probably already
have the proper attribute). Give a more detailed example, please :-)

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson