Re: [SLE] partition magic can it and advice?
  • From: Rick Reumann <maillist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 20:33:08 -0500
On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 02:17:15 +0100 (CET)
Ole Kofoed Hansen <ole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I hope you don't mean what you are saying here. You really do not want
> to run Linux from a fat32 partition.

Sorry I guess I meant just make it blank or whatever the default is for
a clean empty partition.

> A shared fat32 partition is a good idea. The actual sizes of your
> partitions will depend heavily on the way you use the different OSes.
> I can't see why it should be any more difficult to set up 3 partitions
> than 2.
>
> Like someone else on the list mentioned, you also want a swap
> partition.

What I'm confused about is in the users guide it mentions you
can set up separate partitions for /opt, /home, /usr, etc. Do I need to
do this? Should I do this? and if so do I use partition magic to do this
or do I do this through the suse install on the empty partition? Do I
use partition magic to make the swap partition also or will the suse
installation ask me?

Thanks again

< Previous Next >