Re: [SLE] Problems with YOU and firewall.
  • From: Jeric <jeric@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 21 Nov 2002 18:03:43 -0600
On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 14:05, Dunphy Richard-rdunph01 wrote:
> Having probs with getting YOU to work behind my firewall..
>
> I've read the sdb articles and done some more reading and done the following...
>
> 1 modified /etc/wgetrc and added the following
> passive_ftp = on

IIRC YOU has a passive FTP problem. The first update YOU gives is a fix
for the passive FTP problem, however.

Turn off the firewall, get the first update, then you should be able to
turn the firewall back on and get the rest of the updates. (since the
first update is a fix for YOU, it is the only one you get, then it
prompts you to restart YOU).

hope that helps some.

-jeric

--
JericAtSbcglobalDotNetwork
6:00pm up 1 day, 9:48, 5 users, load average: 0.80, 0.28, 0.09