Re: [SLE] CF Memory Card in PCMCIA Adapter
  • From: Jay Vollmer <jvollmer@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:04:30 -0600
On Wednesday 20 November 2002 22:46, Dan Pauls wrote:
> What is the best way to set up read/write to a compact flash memory card
> (as a disk device) in SuSE 8.1? I used Mandrake 8.2 last, and the card
> showed up as hde and I was able to mount it and r/w with no problem. I did
> always get an error on boot that hde was "not a valid block device". I
> there a better way to set this device up, say as a hotplug (not that I know
> how to do that yet, but am willing to learn).

1)Insert combinedCFcard/PCMCIA adapter into PCMCIA slot.
2)Reboot
3)TYpe: /sbin/fdisk -l

The CFcard will show up in the listing - probably as /dev/hde
If SuSE Linux has not aded a corresponding line to /etc/fstab,
do it yourself. You'll need to assign a mountpoint to the device.
SuSE Linux will want to put it in /media/hde, but that's up to you.

--
JAY VOLLMER
JVOLLMER@xxxxxxxx