postfix and no mail send out
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:38:57 +0700

Trying to send email from my SuSe 8.0 with kmail does not
work. I have looked everywhere but does not seem to get it
fixed. I choose postfix over sendmail because it is said to
be easier to adjust. I use an ISP via the telephone line.
Originaly I had a network set up but now I have newly
installed SuSe as a single machine.

I used tail /var/log/mail and got folowing info:

poll.tcpip Starting mail and news send/fetch
postfix/postqueue [2091]: fatal .cannot flush mail queue-
mailsystem is down
poll.tcpip Done mail and news send/fetch

My modem was connecting during the time that I tried to
email. Incomming email was received.
What is wrong with my setup?

--

NTReader v0.36w(P)/Beta (Registered) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.