RE: [SLE] How to get rid of ide-scsi?
  • From: "Berge, Harry ten" <berge@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:05:39 +0100
ide-scsi is only needed for cd-recording. As I mentioned earlier this month,
our great friend L. Torvalds made a change to the 2.5.x kernel where scsi
emulation is not needed anymore. This change is also applied to the cdrecord
software. In short, cdrecord doesn't need ide-scsi anymore. I suppose that
when SuSE 8.2 comes out, all the cd burn GUI's will also have this patch
implemented, and the days for scsi emulation are (finally) over...

Regards Harry