question about software installation through YaST
  • From: Rick Reumann <maillist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 01:56:13 -0500
This is probably a dumb question but something has be stumped...

I go to the YaST control center and go to "install remove software." I
click on all the boxes for the different packages on the left (except
for a few ..games, multimedia ) and click on "accept." Shouldn't this
then install everything in those packages? What I don't understand is,
for example, if I look on the right side under the "All of KDE" package
everything is checked but yet on the left the "all of KDE" package is
unchecked. All I have check boxes for on the left is "Graphical Base
System","KDE Desktop Environment", "Help and Support.." and "Office
apps." Why when I click others on the left and click accept do these
others not end up with checkboxes? Does it mean not everything got
installed? Also do I have to change the checkboxed applications do the
update icon in order to make sure they get updated to the latest
versions? or does that happen automatically when I run online update?

Thanks for any help.
(using 8.1 pro)

--
Rick