re:[SLE] Gnome2 problems wit screensaver
  • From: Franklin Maurer <nebbish@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 21 Nov 2002 00:21:32 -0500
An odd thing is happening in Gnome2(8.1). The screensaver daemon, or
whatever it is that has to be started for the screensaver to run doesn't
start when i log in to gnome. Even if I start the daemon, logout and
save the current session, when i log back it isn't running.
I think it maybe because i ran gnomecc, to switch to metacity, and went
in to the screensaver portion, not realizing that i could do it another
way. I figured out that if i run gnomecc now, go into desktop >
screensaver, exit that and then configure the screensaver through
gnome2(the wrench screwdriver icon(desktop preferences)), it has to
restart the daemon.
Is there a script that i have to add something like start screensaverd?
I searched the .gnome2 folder in my home directory, and i think it
should go in session, but I'm not sure if that's the right place and
what the syntax is.
Any help would be appreciated. i realize that screensavers aren't truly
necessary with todays monitors, but I'd like to figure out how to fix it
anyway.
thanks.

--
Franklin Maurer <nebbish@xxxxxxxxxxx>