Re: [SLE] SuSE machine haging with blinking leds
  • From: Doug Glenn <dglenn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 19:51:07 -0500
On Wednesday 13 November 2002 17:15, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The 02.11.07 at 15:28, Houghton, Chris wrote:
> > >hangs heavily with Caps Lock and Scroll Lock flashing. Does anyone
> > > on the
> >
> > I've seen a lock on boot with those two LEDs on, not flashing. In
> > my case
>
> I should think that those leds are changed to that state somewhere,
> on purpose, for some reason, as a signal that something has gone very
> wrong: probably the kernel panicking, may the bios, whatever.
>
> So... who has info about what those signals mean?
>
> We are blindingly beating the bush otherwise. :-(

I have this error as well, and I have seen it one time before in a
previous Linux incarnation (2.2 kernel days) that turned out to be
related to the power management. Exact same symptoms, which is why I am
pursuing the APM/ACPI code angle that is new to this kernel.

Doug
PS: I did not get this error with an early Gentoo 2.4.19 kernel (1.2
release), but it was not merged into at that time (About the same time
that 8.0 was released)