Re: [SLE] SuSE machine haging with blinking leds
  • From: The Purple Tiger <Jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:55:54 +0000
On Wednesday 13 November 2002 1:40 pm, Fergus Wilde wrote:
> I live in Manchester, England, where overheating is scarcely a
> problem, and unfortunately have had a couple of the hard locks you
I live in Sheffield, England which is even cooler ;o)
Have a look at IRQs being assigned automatically by the BIOS. I found
that I had "hard lockups" which actually weren't [occasionaly
interrupts would get through, but it appeared to lock hard otherwise]
and I found that by actually specifying the interrupts in the BIOS
[Assigning a specific IRQ to an INT] rather than letting it
"automatically" decided [I chose figures based on looking at the
alt+F10 message screen upon bootup] that if I specified the IRQs the
hardware wants [as close as possible] then the lockups don't happen.

Just a thought.

:o)

Jon

< Previous Next >