Re: [SLE] newbie probs
  • From: p_s <tuxnduke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 23:48:03 +0200
Anders Johansson wrote:

On Friday 08 November 2002 08.11, p p wrote:

To stir this soup more, I don't use KDE anymore, but have it still
installed (and most KDE app are still available...) if I inserted
audioCD while runnign KDE, I could access that cd through CD-icon on
Desktop, now I use lighter WM called WindowManager and I don't have such
icon.. how can I access ceedee now (actually the device is DVD player on
my laptop) How to mount it.. I haven't been able to mount it with: mount
-fs iso9660 /cdrom or mount -fs iso9660 /dvd

1. It's not -fs iso9660, it's -t iso9660
2. The above are for data cds or dvds, you don't mount audio cds
3. what you use to mount data cds is determined by the contents of the file /etc/fstab. Check if you have a line for either /cdrom or /dvd in there

If I try to use audiocd, I can't access that either... not with or without mounting it. How to use audiocd's ? (I don't wan't to runn KDE, since it's so heavy and slow.. I need to be able to access ceedees from xterm and then use xmms etc...

Thanks, P_

< Previous Next >