Re: [SLE] Re: OT - LyX complains to produce capital letters with pdflatex [SOLVED]
  • From: Oxiel Contreras <oxielc@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 15:52:24 -0400
Hello Thibaut.

> I hadn't thought of that. There is another thing you could try (it could
> solve future problems). Remove that oztex option and add pdftex as a global
> option, i.e.
>
> \documentclass[pdftex]{book}
>
> which is an example just to show you where to put that option. I'm using
> pdflatex every day at work (I have the correct fonts installed, I don't
> know why they are missing from TeTeX) and that option "pdftex" is
> essential, especially for includings images or managing the layout. It
> figures that it is also important for fonts.
> Does it also work with this one?

No it doesn't :(

I've no more problems with pdflatex (inside LyX), images are better displayed
whit pdflatex than with other pdf's, never got a problem with that. About
fonts, i only followed the manuals and added:

p+ psfonts.cmz
p+ psfonts.amz

at the end of $HOME/.dvipsrc; and changed TeX encoding to OT1, previous was T1
which made fonts look really ugly at final PDF's.

\usepackage[OT1]{fontenc}

I haven't changed anything from SuSE's 8.0 default configuration, except the
previous. If i use pdflatex in console have no problems now while working
with LyX's latex exported.

Hope to help

Oxiel

PD. I've upgraded to LyX 1.2.1 now