Re: [SLE] SuSE machine haging with blinking leds
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 14:16:33 -0800
* Christian Andersson (chrisand@xxxxxxxxx) [021107 14:11]:
->
->It happens now and then that our SuSE-8.1 server (P4-2.4G, 1G, 160G, G550)
->hangs heavily with Caps Lock and Scroll Lock flashing. Does anyone on the
->list know what could be the reason for such a behavior? I'm a bit suspicious
->about the temperature in the box.

My AMD box did this with 8.1 and the only thing that I could find that
might be the cause was a bios conflict. I returned to 8.0 then I was
told it was a bios issue. I haven't tried 8.1 again yet. I didn't think
it was CPU temp because I put this massive CPU cooler on and put a
7200rpm fan in the case. Along with a 480W power supply to handle all of
it. With the new CPU cooler the CPU is about 10C cooler then it was with
the old fan...

It's odd because 8.0 works perfectly with this machine. I may try 8.1
again with the new bios..don't know.

You may want to check the bios revision your machine has...it could be
the cause. I'm leaning toward blaming the .19 kernel's interaction with
the bios of certain machines.

--
Ben Rosenberg ---===---===---===--- mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx
Tell me what you believe..