Re: [SLE] Please help with printing on my LAN
  • From: Graham Smith <gqs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 04:28:33 +1100
On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 10:43 pm, Art Fore wrote:
> I did the configuration in YAST!.
>
> Art

Hi Art,

The other thing to try is configuring the printer via a web browser.
Open Konqueror and enter localhost:631 as the url

Select "Do Administration Tasks" ---> "Add Printer" --->
When you get to the selection of Device from the drop down list select
"LPD/LPR Host or Printer"

Then enter the URI as per the examples given e.g.
lpd://192.168.1.31/lpr

and continue from there.

I will try and configure my laptop at work with one of our remote printers and
give you the procedures sometime this evening if I get a chance.

--
Regards,

Graham Smith