RE: [SLE] GTK?
> I'm using SuSE 8.0 (Personal). Maybe the 8.1 professional would get me by these
> issues?

Almost certainly, 8.0 didn't include GTK-2, so any packages you install
are unsupported in the extreme.

> The program I'm trying to install is an rpm file. I'm installing it with, the
> KDE installer utility (the installer that automatically comes up when you click
> on an RPM file in KDE).

You almost certainly don't need the devel packages then.
--
James Ogley, Unix Systems Administrator, Pinnacle Insurance Plc
james.ogley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.pinnacle.co.uk +44 (0) 20 8731 3619

CONFIDENTIALITY.This e-mail and any attachments are
confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and
do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any
purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
be the views of Pinnacle Insurance plc.

If you have received this email in error please immediately
notify the Pinnacle Helpdesk on +44 (0) 20 8207 9555.

www.mimesweeper.com