RE: [SLE] GTK?
  • From: "Donald Grayson" <dgrayson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 09:46:18 -0500

Well, I suppose we could all recompile our OS from scratch just because one
program we want needs a couple of libs that nothing else on our system
touches. Or I suppose installing the entire Gnome2 suite to take advantage
of a single program is the safest choice.

In this case, however, he wants to run one package, that package needs a few
libs from GTK2. If nothing else on his sytem requires GTK2 and they're only
being installed to support the package he does intend on running, I see
nothing wrong with forcing rpm to install those libs without their
dependencies.