Re: [SLE] Re: Fwd: HELP! Uninstalled CUPS and can't boot into KDE
  • From: Richard Bos <allabos@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 09:12:39 +0100
Hi Joe,

Op donderdag 7 november 2002 02:05, schreef Joe & Sesil Morris (NTM):
> I could imagine what happened, with strict dependency checking. What
> would happen if you did the inverse, i.e. apt-get -i cups, from a
> terminal? I would assume it would have the same dependency checking and
> maybe save you the trouble of this depends on that, which depends on the
> other, etc.

No it won't work does way. Imagine this whole thing as a Russian troll (many
trolls in eachother (matrouska)), where cups is the most inner troll. All
the trolls around the inner troll (cups) need the inner troll. But i is not
the other way around. The inner troll does not need the outer trolls.

What you want to accomplish, could be done by installing e.g. a kde package
like kdegames. This one probably needs kdelibs, kdebase, qt, and cups(?)

--
Richard Bos
Fresh rpms for SuSE: http://linux01.gwdg.de/apt4rpm/freshrpms.html