Re: [SLE] who can telll me what CUPS is?
  • From: rex <rex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 00:21:23 -0800
Thibaut Cousin <cousin@xxxxxxxx> [2002-11-06 23:53]:
[re: http://localhost:631]
> CUPS is not installed by default in SuSE 8.0. What I said will work only if
> the full CUPS server is installed (if I remember correctly, there are four
> packages cups-something to install). Did you do that?

I thought of that after I posted. :( I probably did not install CUPS.

rex@syntax:~> rpm -q cups
package cups is not installed
rex@syntax:~> rpm -q lpd
package lpd is not installed
rex@syntax:~> rpm -q lprold
package lprold is not installed
rex@syntax:~/quotes> rpm -q lpr
package lpr is not installed
rex@syntax:~> which lpr
/usr/bin/lpr

The printer works.

I'll stand still while you hit me with the cluebat.

Regards,

-rex
--
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no
constitution, no law, no court can save it.