Re: [SLE] Installing apps
  • From: DB Troll <hdbtroll@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 00:36:29 -0600
Ole Kofoed Hansen wrote:

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, DB Troll wrote:

I have been trying to install a couple of differant apps and I get the
folling error, see attached.
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. I would really like to get
these working.

I would suggest you install a SuSE-supplied version of OpenOffice.org
instead, but if you insist on using your download, you should run the
install from an x-term (or similar) and use sux to switch to root.
Otherwise it cannot open the configuration window.

Also one app tells me it caannot find ESD or Gtk. I know
Gtk is on my machine but can find nothing about ESD.

ESD is esound - a sound system used by gnome similar to artsd from kde.

For gtk, you are probably missing the -devel package.

Regards

Ole

Ole,
Thanks for the info, I will install a SuSE version of OO, as to the app with the other problem I found esound and cleared that up but there still seems to be a problem with Gtk. See attached.
Thanks
David

Password:
linux:/home/dbtrol # cd d4x-2.03
linux:/home/dbtrol/d4x-2.03 # ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking host CPU architecture... Intel x86
checking for g++... g++
checking for C++ compiler default output... a.out
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc
checking for gawk... (cached) gawk
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for msgfmt... no
checking for gmsgfmt... :
checking for xgettext... no
checking for msgmerge... no
checking for strerror in -lcposix... no
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for off_t... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking for working alloca.h... yes
checking for alloca... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for getpagesize... yes
checking for working mmap... yes
checking whether we are using the GNU C Library 2.1 or newer... yes
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for shared library run path origin... done
checking for iconv... yes
checking argz.h usability... yes
checking argz.h presence... yes
checking for argz.h... yes
checking limits.h usability... yes
checking limits.h presence... yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking locale.h usability... yes
checking locale.h presence... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking nl_types.h usability... yes
checking nl_types.h presence... yes
checking for nl_types.h... yes
checking malloc.h usability... yes
checking malloc.h presence... yes
checking for malloc.h... yes
checking stddef.h usability... yes
checking stddef.h presence... yes
checking for stddef.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/param.h usability... yes
checking sys/param.h presence... yes
checking for sys/param.h... yes
checking for feof_unlocked... yes
checking for fgets_unlocked... yes
checking for getc_unlocked... yes
checking for getcwd... yes
checking for getegid... yes
checking for geteuid... yes
checking for getgid... yes
checking for getuid... yes
checking for mempcpy... yes
checking for munmap... yes
checking for putenv... yes
checking for setenv... yes
checking for setlocale... yes
checking for stpcpy... yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for strdup... yes
checking for strtoul... yes
checking for tsearch... yes
checking for __argz_count... yes
checking for __argz_stringify... yes
checking for __argz_next... yes
checking for iconv declaration...
extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, char * *inbuf, size_t *inbytesleft, char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);
checking for nl_langinfo and CODESET... yes
checking for LC_MESSAGES... yes
checking for bison... no
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking whether included gettext is requested... no
checking for GNU gettext in libc... yes
checking for esd-config... /usr/bin/esd-config
checking for ESD - version >= 0.2.7... yes
checking for glib-config... /usr/bin/glib-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.10... yes
checking for gtk-config... /usr/bin/gtk-config
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.10... no
*** Could not run GTK test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK was incorrectly installed
*** or that you have moved GTK since it was installed. In the latter case, you
*** may want to edit the gtk-config script: /usr/bin/gtk-config
configure: error: *** GTK >= 1.2.10 not installed! ***
linux:/home/dbtrol/d4x-2.03 #