Re: [SLE] Work??
  • From: Curtis Rey <crrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 23:09:13 -0600
Now, if they can manage to give it Directx functions, like the present version
of wine has DX7 then games the developers that won't back port to Linux can
be used. I am currently running Fallout Tactics without any problems so far,
however Homeworld will finally load and run but at seconds per frame rather
than frames per second - the deep space computation for the renders is the
problem - big virtual areas.

Anyway, I think this is very good news and would be willing to pay for a wine
program that is truely comprehensive, providing it's priced reasonably.

Cheers, Curtis.

--
Billboard Writer vs. Literature = Micorsoft vs. Computing,